Friday, April 24, 2009

Well, first things first, I guess.  I decided to call my blog sup2u because Jesus is available to us all and His power then is too.  It's up to you what you do with that opportunity.  You can receive it by receiving Him.  You can receive Him and live as you choose, which won't be too comfortable.  But best of all you can receive Him and walk daily in the very same power that raised Him from the dead.  You choose.  We have opportunities and temptations every day.  Sometimes it seems impossible to just do what's right.  I was talking with a student yesterday about why we shouldn't use foul language.  She could see why some words we consider offensive were wrong to use but not all.  I told her what I will tell you, it's up to you.   I can explain why I believe that we shouldn't use unwholesome language, or coarse joking, that's what God's word says.  But it's up to her to decide what she will believe.  Is there an absolute truth? Yes there is.  Do I always act on it?  Unfortunately I don't.  She didn't like the idea of being considered ungodly if she used inappropriate language.  Ok I get that, but how else is godliness determined.  Godliness has everything to do with behavior.  If it's not in your heart it won't come out of your mouth.  Godliness is holiness and purity.  So is it holy or pure to say things that are gross or offensive?  I don't think so.  What do you think?  It's up to you...

No comments:

Post a Comment